Kinds of hosting services
A hosting service means hoarding and/or sharing certain web content on a server hosted by a website hosting supplier. There are different types of hosting services used for different ends, so let's have a gaze at them. Doing so, you can pick what you need, on the basis of whether you'd like to set up a site, email mailbox accounts, or to share files with mates and associates.
- File hosting: a solution provided by certain file storage providers, which enables you to share huge files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archives, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its single objective is to share files, since it does not offer web site uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either obtain an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to view an inventory of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to load .html or .php web site files in your browser. Free-of-cost file storage packages frequently involve advertisements beside the download links, while a timer obliges you to wait for a certain stretch of time to observe them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you have a paid file storage account, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no limitation with regard to the download speed or the file size.
Now, with the help of the cPanel hosting vendors, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more stylish "cloud hosting". This is a completely inapt interpretation of the actual connotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting system would share the workload between individual groups of hosting servers in a cluster, which are committed to serving different hosting services (electronic mail, data storage, statistics, DNS, databases, web hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting service is just a type of a storage space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: resembling file hosting; certain corporations provide a hosting solution for pictures only. This hosting variant is suitable if you desire to share an enormous amount of pics with chums or acquaintances since the solution is usually free of cost. You will receive a random link for each image or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be used for websites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution devoted to administering your e-mail aliases. Some firms provide hosting solutions for websites, but do not supply an email solution. If you desire to get an email address with your domain name but do not desire to own a site, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you want. You can create electronic mail accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The email hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this service permits you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a certain video file, or you can embed the video clip in your website that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of using this approach in lieu of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video clip generates a certain amount of central processing unit load, so with several video clips and a few hundred site visitors, you may have trouble with your web page hosting reserves. Embedding the video clip will allow you to have as many video files as you wish without hassling about system supplies.
- Web site hosting: this is the solution that you require if you want to run a site. To a certain extent, it incorporates all of the aforementioned hosting types since, along with your sites, you can also host pictures and files, you can have databases and email address accounts, upload videos, etc. At iStudio Cloud Hosting, for instance, you can examine web hosting and dedicated server hosting packages that allow you to get all of the aforementioned services in one single place. There may be restrictions depending on the kind of hosting solution that you've selected - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your hosting account may be better or worse compared with the usual e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are conceived for specific web content solely.